Awaken Your Students Creative Capacity As Dance Makers
Dance isn’t just about learning choreography and performing like a pro. It’s also a wonderful way to boost students’ physical and emotional health and well-being.
Our Supercharged! incursion brings highly experienced, specialist dance teachers to your primary school for a fun, stimulating and energetic dance making activity.
Your students will develop an understanding of dance elements and discover the fun and power of dance!
What is involved?
Our expert teaching artists will have your students popping with excitement and enthusiasm for the entire session.
Supercharged! encourages students to explore the potential of their bodies to communicate and respond to specific ideas. They will learn to apply elements of dance in an accessible and inclusive way, play games, learn dance sequences and express their creativity. Each session culminates in the co-create a short dance piece focused on superpowers.
Students will have fun, move heaps and discover that anyone can dance!
Supercharged! is suitable for primary school students in levels 1-6.
Incursion Information & Requirements
Packages are built around:
- Half Day (maximum 2 sessions)
- Full Day (maximum 5 sessions)
- Multi-Day (more than 5 sessions)
Supercharged! is best hosted in an open space, where students can easily move with arms outstretched, without touching each other.
Ideal spaces include:
- Multi-purpose room
A large classroom with furniture moved to the side can be used for smaller groups.
We will work with you to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Analyse the potential for our bodies to communicate and respond to specific ideas
- Identify movement or ideas from everyday life and transform these into dance
- Understand and apply choreographic devices including accumulation, cannon, repetition, retrograde and contrast
- Understand the role of creativity and experimentation in dance making
- Understand the role of teamwork and cooperation in dance making
Supercharged! incursions are aligned to the Victorian Curriculum F-10 Arts-Dance and link to the following learning areas:
- Personal and Social Capability
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- A smooth ground surface is required
- Students should wear comfortable clothing with the lower body preferably in leggings, tracksuit pants or shorts
- Our teacher will arrive an hour before you start to set up
- 35 students maximum per session
- Teacher must be present during the session
- Each session runs for 45 minutes
- A minimum 75% deposit must be made 7 days from the date of booking for your incursion to go ahead
- You will be invoiced according to normal students numbers but we can amend it there are variations on the day