Do you want to take your dance teaching to the next level and build a sustainable career? Our Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00071 brings together the physical and mental benefits of dance with the joys of teaching.
This nationally recognised qualification, is designed for experienced dancers who want to become, or are responsible for, teaching dance in a range of studio-based and community settings.
Going beyond the sheer pragmatics of teaching, you will gain a understanding of teaching as an artform – in and of itself – and develop an essential foundation in dance teacher training.
Facilitated by dance teaching specialist Dr. Katrina Rank, Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00071 applies best-practice teaching methods for a range of contexts and builds your knowledge through experiential learning and engagement practices.
We deliver the course through a combination of self-paced online learning, peer-to-peer discussions, tutorials and studio-based teaching workshops. It has been designed to be engaging, informative and fit in around your busy lifestyle.
12 weeks, part-time
Online (self-paced) and in person
Applications are not being taken at this time
This course is nationally recognised training
Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00071 covers:
- The benefits of dance and expressive movement
- Identifying the values people hold when it comes to dance
- The different contexts in which dance can take place
- The general ageing processes and their implications for dance and movement practice
- Safe dance and movement teaching methods
- How to design and conduct dance learning programs and classes
- How to teach dance and movement skills to different learners
- Effective learning environments
- The legal requirements and professional responsibilities of a dance teacher/facilitator
Dance teaching is a creative and rewarding career. This industry-focused course will prepare you for a stimulating career as a:
- Studio Dance Teacher
- Dance Administrator
- School Dance Teacher
- Dance Studio Owner
- Design and conduct a dance learning program and conduct classes in a variety of settings
- Confidently teach dance and movement skills to different learners
- Establish an effective learning environment
- Identify and implement safe dance and movement teaching methods
Graduates will receive:
- A statement of attainment for Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00071
- Registration with Ausdance VIC as a trained teacher-facilitator (Dance)
- A 12 month Ausdance VIC Individual Membership
To attain the Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00071, and be eligible for the CDP hours, you must successfully complete the training and assessments for a total of 2 units of competency.
Units of Competency
- CUADTM431 Design and Conduct Dance Learning Program
- CUADTM413 Apply Safe Dance Teaching Methods
Successful completion of the Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00071 may be used as credit towards:
- Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management CUA40320
- Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management CUA50320
Places in the Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00071 are currently offered as full-fee paying only.
The full amount for all units needs to be paid before enrollment can be finalised.
Prior to enrolment, you must complete a literacy and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs. You will also need a computer and an internet connection to access the online learning portal.
How to Apply
Applications are not being taken at this time. Please register your interest to be informed of application openings.
Please check your inbox or junk/spam folder for important emails from us.
Need some advice?
Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you shortly.