Develop advanced skills in providing safe and engaging dance and movement experiences to a range of ageing cohorts with the Creative Ageing Dance Teaching Skill Set CUASS00059.
Through observation, research and simulated learning opportunities, you will build on your existing knowledge, and better understand the general health issues and conditions affecting people as they age, and the implications for dance settings.
This industry-led course is designed for qualified dance teachers, professional dancers, allied health professionals and healthcare workers who want to confidently lead movement activities to mature, senior and elderly people.
Completion of the entire course will prepare you to teach in a range of Art and Health workplace settings including creative and dance studios, community arts programs, residential and aged care, day centers, hospices, and community-based arts and health care settings.
12 weeks, part-time / clustered delivery
Enrolments open April 2024
This course is nationally recognised training
“I found the material extremely interesting, engaging and most importantly relevant.
I’m already full of new ideas and can’t wait to implement some in my classes.”
Jessica – Module One Graduate
- Knowledge of general health issues and conditions affecting people as they age and the implications for dance settings
- Ability to develop and apply skills for adapting and extending dance programs
- Capacity to develop new dance activities for physical, cognitive, emotional and social wellbeing
- Develop and apply deep knowledge of inclusive, creative, and safe dance practices
- Skills and knowledge to design and deliver accessible and inclusive class material to people across a range of abilities
- Understand, interpret and apply legal and professional requirements and codes of practice relating to the arts and health industry
- Recognise and manage the risks associated with teaching dance to older people in online contexts
Graduates will receive:
- A statement of attainment for Creative Ageing Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00059
- Registration with Ausdance VIC as a trained teacher-facilitator of Creative Ageing (Dance)
- A 12 month Ausdance VIC Individual Membership
The course is designed as a progressive learning pathway structured over 4 modules that sequentially builds your knowledge.
To be eligible for the award of the accredited Creative Ageing Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00059 and the CPD hours, you must successfully complete the training and assessment requirements for a total of 4 units, made up of 2 foundation modules and 2 advanced training modules.
Foundation Units of Competency
Module One – An Introduction To Creative Ageing Through Dance
- Non-accredited professional learning program. Can be completed as a stand-alone module.
Module Two – Developing Practice
- SISXDIS001 Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability
- Second unit of competency to be confirmed
Advanced Training Units of Competency
Module Three – Increasing Knowledge and Effectiveness
- CUADTM413 Apply safe dance teaching methods
Module Four – Deepening Practice
- CUAAHL504 Deliver and monitor arts and health programs
Successful completion of the Creative Ageing Dance Teaching Skill Set CAUSS00059 may be used as credit towards:
- Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management CUA50320
- Diploma of Arts and Health CUA51320
- Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Management CUA40320
|Module Three & Four
Prior to enrolment, all learners must complete a literacy and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs.
How to Enrol
Enrolments are due to open in April 2024. If you are unsure which module to enrol in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check your inbox or junk/spam folder for important emails from us.
Need some advice?
Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you shortly.