The process and activity provider eligibility has changed for the upcoming Round 4 (late March to the end of May). Please read this information and our advocacy updates carefully.
In a shift, the Program for Round 4 will be transitioning from a reimbursement model to a traditional voucher model. For applicants (parents/guardians), this will reduce the upfront costs of fees required under the previous reimbursement model, making the program more accessible.
Applicants (Parents and Guardians) will apply for a voucher in advance of registering with an approved activity provider.
At the time of paying their fees to the activity provider the applicant will provide a voucher code and the activity provider will apply the relevant discount of up to the value of $200. The activity provider will then redeem the voucher from the Department.
For Activity Providers (Dance Studios)
Activity providers must register directly with the Program and hold a current membership with their state body (Ausdance VIC) to be able to accept vouchers from eligible families. This is a change to the process from 2021.
- Register with the Get Active Kids Program via Service VIC here
- The department provides a list of registrations to Ausdance VIC
- Ausdance VIC confirms your current membership status for the duration of the Round (21 March to 14 June INCLUSIVE)
- The department makes final approvals
- You receive notification directly from the department.
- Be an incorporated entity registered with the appropriate regulator and provide either an ACN or Incorporation Number
- Possess an active Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be affiliated to a Sport and Recreation Victoria recognised Victorian State Sporting Association (SSA) or Victorian State Sport and Active Recreation Body (SSARB)- This is Ausdance VIC
When are applications open for Parents/Guardians?
From 21 March to 31 May
When do vouchers have to be redeemed?
Between 21 March and 14 June
For Providers: How can I check if a voucher is valid?
Voucher validity can be checked by Activity providers using an online portat. Access is granted once your registration as an activity provider is approved.
For Providers: When will I receive payment?
Payment is made from the department directly to the activity providers’ bank account within 30 days.
For Providers: I’m no longer eligible, Help!
We are advocating for you. Read on and complete the short survey to let us know.
The change in eligibility was not communicated to Ausdance VIC prior to the public release of information.
We understand that by requiring activity providers to have an ACN or be an Incorporated association, many dance studios who have been part of the program in 2021 are no longer eligible. We believe this change disproportionately affects small businesses and dance providers. We have already made our disappointment known to the Department of Sport and the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions who oversee this program and sent letters to the Minister and Senior Officials. In 2021 $480,000 in vouchers were claimed for Dance, and we were consistently in the top 4 most popular activities.
We are advocating on your behalf.
Through our advocacy efforts Ausdance VIC have attended two face-to-face meetings with the Department the last 10 days.
At the moment we are not resourced to manage individual auspice arrangements as suggested by the Department. Our priority is to advocate for the eligibility criteria to be amended.