Using our collections, artists can progress or complete a new artwork or body of work. Artists may be working in any medium other than writing. This may include music, dance, visual arts, emerging or experimental artforms.
The National Library of Australia Creative Arts Fellowship offers:
- a four-week residency, to be taken in one period, which may be extended but without further funding
- $10,000 for use as a stipend, travel and accommodation support, and project expenses
- special and supported access to collections
- access to office facilities and a workstation in a shared space with other research Fellows
- copies of collection materials (within set limits and according to access and copyright conditions)
Note: The funding will only be paid to the individual. It is recommended Fellows seek financial advice as the grant may have tax implications.
To be eligible, you must be:
- An individual creative practitioner or artist practising in a professional forum, that is, your artistic work is available and subject to public and peer review.
- An Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
Only one application per person is allowed. That is, you cannot apply for both a Creative Arts Fellowship and a Creative Arts Fellowship for Australian Writing.
You cannot apply if you have received a National Library Fellowship within the last five years.
Applications close: 26 July