We are seeking dynamic, experienced teaching artists for Supercharged! an exciting program that aims to bring one, super-themed dance class to 7800 primary school students (grade 3 – 6) in Term 2 and Term 3 of 2022. This program will be delivered in partnership with the Department of Education and is part of our work to support re-engagement with dance.
Supercharged! will be delivered to primary schools in metropolitan, regional and rural areas of Victoria. Our intention is to employ teaching artists to work with students in their local areas.
An expression of interest form can be found below and will need to include three referees.
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
Please note that completion of the form is the first stage in identifying suitable applicants for our Supercharged! program. We will be in touch after 30 March to advise if you will be invited to the next stage of recruitment.
We are looking for teaching artists who:
- Want to develop a working relationship with Ausdance VIC education
- Have experience teaching dance to children
- Have a current Working with Children Check or VIT registration
- Have a minimum double vaccination status against COVID-19
- Have the capacity to drive own vehicle, if located in regional and rural areas
- Are professional in look and manner
- Will represent Ausdance VIC in high standards delivery
- Will follow Ausdance VIC’s commitment to child safety
- Can attend a workshop that unpacks the lesson content and discusses teaching approaches
- Are organised, reliable and considerate.
Ausdance VIC will:
- Train you – take you through the program in an in-person and streamed workshop session, where you can learn the material, try out ideas and ask questions
- Connect you to other teaching artists
- Connect you with local primary schools
- Provide resources – lesson plan, video of sequences, teaching tips (some parts of the lesson plan can be altered/individualized by teaching artists to suit skills and the student interest/capacity)
- Book the schools, matching teaching artists’ availability to school expressions of interest
- Ensure that you are accompanied by a classroom teacher at all times when teaching
- Pay at award teaching rates per hour with travel costs included for travel outside 20km
- Pay superannuation
- Share our COVID-Safe plan and requirements.
- EOI process closes 24 March
- Reference Checks
- Applicants notified after 30 March
- Training Session (in person and online) held in week beginning 5 April
All applications will be treated with confidentiality and respect.