A new virtual reality initiative in conjunction with Gertrude Street Projection Festival.
The 360 Artist Development was an initiative of Ausdance VIC in conjunction with Gertrude Street Projection Festival to assist dance practitioners stage works for the virtual realm. This artist development program provided mentorship, and equipment to stage a dance work in Virtual Reality. As the digital world accelerates, dance needs to keep up with the latest technology. 360 Artist Development is a platform for artists to engage with new technology. 360-degree videos, also known as immersive videos or spherical videos, are video recordings where a view in every direction is recorded at the same time, shot using an omnidirectional camera.
The in-kind development support provided assistance to realise an opportunity that inspires a new or remounted work to be staged for a 360 film.
The recipient’s films were showcased at the Gertrude Street Projection Festival, 2017
- 8 hours of studio space in kind at Melbourne Academy of Performing Arts in Spotswood
- A 60-minute mentorship session at each stage
- production (on location of filming)
- Samsung VR filming equipment and accessories such as helmet mounts and tripods
- 2 hours of mentorship with editing from Ausdance VIC
- •resentation at Gertrude Street Projection Festival July 2017
- Presentation at West Projections August 2017