FAQ’s and Legal Advice

Vaccination Requirement for Authorised Workers

From today, 15 October 2021, in order to work onsite at a work premises as an Authorised Worker, it is the law that you must be able to provide evidence to your employer that you have:

  • received at least your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, or
  • have a booking to receive your first dose by 22 October 2021, or
  • have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner.

The State Government has updated the Information and FAQ’s for industry and workers required to be vaccinated. FAQ’s are towards the bottom of the page: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/information-workers-required-be-vaccinated

For Dance, Authorised workers include physical recreation workers, online broadcast from physical recreation facilities and Permitted Essential VCE Assessments at unit 3/4 level.

Fairwork are providing eligible employees and employers with independent legal advice to help deal with coronavirus-related workplace issues and have engaged law firms with specialist workplace experience to provide this free and confidential advice. This service is available if you need help with a current issue, not a hypothetical scenario.  Find out more:  coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/tools-and-help-during-coronavirus/workplace-legal-advice-program-faqs

To book a vaccination through state-run centres – or to see links for how to book at your local GP or pharmacy – visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccine

Stay Safe, Be Kind