Lift: Elite Dancer Enrichment Program is a brand new dance education offering from Ausdance VIC that is funded through the Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series.
Designed as an opportunity to challenge high-ability students, the industry-leading program is jam packed with intensive dance workshops, dance making days and career support. Each day is held in a professional dance studio and the programs are led by renowned industry experts, choreographers, artists and leaders.
LIFT will strengthen your dance education offering, whilst being fun and engaging for young dancers.
To be considered for the program, elite dancers must be nominated by their secondary school teacher or dance studio.
The program has a strong focus on building performance confidence, improvisation skills and choreographic development.
3 x Industry Days (excursion)
- 2 x 75min dance workshops
- Mini industry expo
- Mock auditions (simulated audition process and casting brief)
- Performance showcase
- Industry panel
- Develop audition techniques
- Explore creative arts career and education pathways
- Learn new choreographic and improvisation skills
- Extend their knowledge of how to work with others in the creative arts industry
- Learn to effectively collaborate in the creative process
- Develop movement skills for performance
- Extend their expertise in dance techniques
Students must be nominated by a participating school or dance studio and:
- Be studying a year 9 – 12 dance subject in the Victorian Curriculum
- Be capable of performing dance techniques ahead of the expected level of the curriculum
- Have parent/guardian permission to attend
- Have a teacher, school or studio representative present for all programs/activities
FREE (Students will need to cover travel costs)
This program is funded through the Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series.