Yes. From 5pm on 31 December 2020 you must wear a fitted face mask when you are in public indoor spaces unless you have a lawful reason not to.
There are a number of lawful excuses for not wearing a face mask in settings where a face mask is mandatory, such as illness or disability. Other reasons a person may choose not to wear a mask include where the person is:
- under 12 years of age
- a student at a primary school or outside school hours care
- in the process of being married
- a professional sportsperson when training or competing
- engaged in any strenuous physical exercise
- receiving a service where it is not reasonably practicable to receive that service wearing a face covering.
Wherever possible eliminate or greatly reduce your use of shared equipment.
Dancers should be encouraged to bring their own equipment and props.
For shared equipment that is not possible to eliminate the use of (like barres) this must be thoroughly cleaned between uses.