Victorian Government COVID-19 Restriction and Recommendation Changes from 11.59pm Friday 25 February
Masks rules to ease
Masks will only be required indoors in the following circumstances, unless an exemption applies:
- people on public transport, in taxis and rideshare, on planes, and indoors at an airport
- people working or visiting hospitals, and indoor areas at care facilities
- workers in hospitality, retail and the court system
- workers at justice and correctional facilities
- students in year 3 or above at primary school, and workers at early childhood centres and primary schools (masks can be removed in secondary school)
- people working indoors at an event with more than 30,000 people attending
- in special circumstances, such as if you have COVID-19 or are a close contact and you’re leaving home.
Masks are recommended for other workers serving or facing members of the public (for example, if you are at reception, meeting guests or serving customers).
Further details on the new restrictions coming into place will be published online at coronavirus.vic.gov.au from 11:59pm on Friday 25 February 2022.
The above update was provided to Ausdance VIC from Creative Victoria and the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
- Masks are no longer required by dancers and visitors.
- Masks are recommended for staff faceing the public, eg reception.
- Continue to update and follow your COVIDSafe Plan, Resources here.
- Use this online tool and follow the guidelines here if you have a positive case in the workplace.