Ausdance VIC aims to continue to play a key role in being the leading dance agency in Victoria, providing high-level strategic advice and vision for the sector. Ausdance VIC supports individuals, companies and organisations in a coherent ecology of arts services and enables its members and partners to flourish, creating connections and opportunities to increase the capacity of the sector. The organisation works across all levels of dance practice to promote health, lifelong learning and social well-being agendas, all of which contribute to the wider community’s physical and economic health.
To create, support and promote opportunities for dance in Victoria, and invest in its ongoing development by:
- Championing innovation, creativity and diversity in dance
- Advocating and demonstrating high standards of professionalism in the dance industry
- Mobilising cooperation in support of dance development (art form and sector)
- Promoting dance creation, presentation and participation
- Promoting the interaction of Victoria dance within the national and international arenas
- Ensuring the stability and sustainability of the organisation
Goals & Priorities
- Strengthen sector networks and access to resources
- Improve capacity building and industry sustainability
- Increase access, engagement and participation
- Advocate for art form and sector development
- Develop lifelong learning opportunities
- Build Ausdance VIC’s organisational capacity and sustainability
All Victorians have access to opportunities to experience and engage with dance.
As the Peak Body for dance in Victoria, Ausdance VIC wants to see the following outcomes:
- a First Peoples lens shaping all aspects of Ausdance VIC policy, strategy and programs;
- dance and the dance sector thrive in remote, rural, and metropolitan areas of Victoria;
- all Victorians have access to participate in, and engage with, dance;
- greater diversity and inclusion in dance; a range of people, places, and practice across the state engaging in dance as a career and/or for creative, recreational, and health purposes.
To advocate for, create, support and promote opportunities for dance in Victoria, and invest in its ongoing development.
Ausdance VIC will continue to provide high-level strategic advice and vision for the sector. Ausdance VIC supports individuals, companies, and organisations in a coherent ecology of arts services, enabling its members and partners to flourish, creating connections and opportunities to increase the capacity of the sector, and delivering activities for, and in,
communities across Victoria.
The organisation works across all levels of dance practice to promote creativity, health, lifelong learning/engagement, and social well-being agendas, contributing to the wider community’s physical, mental, social, and economic wellbeing.
- Our Members are engaged and well-supported
- Support and development of the dance sector to build resilience, capacity, and capability.
- To work for the benefit of all Victorians
- Sustainably grow the Ausdance VIC Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Building Ausdance VIC’s organisational capacity